Sacandaga Elementary School is situated in
the village of Scotia sharing the campus with the Middle School, High
School and District Offices. The original part of the building was
dedicated in 1930, prior to the centralization of the Scotia - Glenville
School District that took place in 1950. Additions and renovations were
made to the building in 1954 and 1965.
As part of the 1999 district building project, four additional
classrooms were added, the library was relocated and various parts of
the building were renovated to provide additional areas to conduct
support programs and services.
In addition, our building playground committee recently completed their
two-year project, which allowed us to enhance our current facility by
adding new modular equipment. This project was completed through the
generosity and support of our school community and families.
Sacandaga Elementary School is a kindergarten
through fifth grade
building located at 300 Wren Street. The current enrollment is about
380 students. The staff consists of 38 full
time and 17 part time staff members.
Sacandaga Elementary School was awarded the National Excellence in
Education award in 1985 - 1986 and the National Blue Ribbon School Award
in 1993 - 1994.
The vision of our school is to be a child -
centered school committed to meeting the diverse needs of our students
in a caring and nurturing environment. It is our goal to foster the
development of self esteem, personal pride, and a strong desire for life
long learning as students progress through our system. We strive for
excellence in academic, moral and social behaviors through a curriculum
designed for students living in the twenty - first century.